Friday 9 November 2012

Homemade Lemon Curd




For a long time I have avoided making Lemon Curd as I remember for years hearing 'it's really tricky to make' and so I have never tried. Until now.......

In my opinion the wonders of the Internet makes a lot of what we want to learn and create so much easier and having Blog's such as this to share our experiences and successes helps us avoid some of those cooking nightmare's and dispell old myths!!

After reading many a recipe I finally decided to use one from All recipes which was very quick and straight forward. My first attempt at this was a bit of a disaster but then I will decide to have a conversation on the phone whilst trying a new recipe and ended up practically frying the eggs. We live and learn!!

Ingredients:

180 ml of fresh Lemon Juice (About 4 Lemons)
1 tbsp of Lemon Zest
175g Sugar
125g Unsalted Butter, Cubed
3 Eggs



Combine all of the above ingredients in a large pan and cook on a medium to low heat until thick enough to leave indents from a wisk, I took caution so as not to cook the mixture too quickly so roughly it will take 10 mins. Pour into your sterilsed jars and seal! The yeild from this should be approx 300ml of Lemon Curd, 2 small jars.



And that's it, I have made a very lemony tart curd that is delicious and it took less than half an hour!


Give it a go, you'll be surprised! Thanks for popping over for a read :)

1 comment: